Christiane

Thank you for the info on heartworm.  I always wondered what had
actually make Sadi's heart stop.  Thought it was the worms but
apparently more than likely a clot.  I remember now that the medicine
was basically arsenic but didn't find that out til afterwards.  This
was years ago - at least 15 - and the first vet I took her to was
awful at a lot of stuff and I never went back.  She didn't seem to
care about anything but pay at the time of service.

Since then I haven't had any experience with heartworm - thank
goodness!  But appreciate the additional information. And now they
have found new parasites that live in/off of the nasty worm itself?
Yuck.

Is Interceptor different than Heartgard?  Is one better than the
other?  I have been using Revolution (Stronghold from UK-less
expensive but same), on all cats and dogs but now am hearing nasty
stories about it too.  I was thinking/hoping it worked against
heartworm for cats?

Jeeze!  How do you know which is best for the animals you are trying
to help and love?

Kat

On 7/21/11, Natalie <at...@optonline.net> wrote:
> What a lucky dog to have come across you - imagine him dying somewhere all
> alone, in pain, with nasty people taunting and chasing him...in such cases,
> euthanasia is the kindest solution, even though it may be heartbreaking to
> us! Natalie

>>> w. treatment, they may not know about newer protocols. American