From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of katskat1
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 9:30 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Heartworm drugs

Christiane

Thank you for the info on heartworm.  I always wondered what had actually
make Sadi's heart stop.  Thought it was the worms but apparently more than
likely a clot.  I remember now that the medicine was basically arsenic but
didn't find that out til afterwards.  This was years ago - at least 15 - and
the first vet I took her to was awful at a lot of stuff and I never went
back.  She didn't seem to care about anything but pay at the time of
service.

Since then I haven't had any experience with heartworm - thank goodness!
But appreciate the additional information. And now they have found new
parasites that live in/off of the nasty worm itself?
Yuck.

Is Interceptor different than Heartgard?  Is one better than the other?  I
have been using Revolution (Stronghold from UK-less expensive but same), on
all cats and dogs but now am hearing nasty stories about it too.  I was
thinking/hoping it worked against heartworm for cats?

Jeeze!  How do you know which is best for the animals you are trying to help
and love?

Kat