JUST HOW OLD IN THIS NATALIE?  i AM 70 AND HOPE TO BE HERE A FEW MORE YEARS.
Maybe we could get together and help each other out.  fATHER MADE IT TO 92.
SPEAKING OF HAVING A RESCUE/NO KLL SHELTER,  DO YOU HAVE TO BE LICENSED?  i WAS
THINKING of starting one and applying to cat food companies for $ off or a
dnation of food, maybe.  Then I could handle more than 7.  Right now, between
litter and food, my budget is stretched to it's limit.  All of you who  rescue,
have you tried this and did it work?  We have so many unwanted cats around here
thatI was thinking if I could start a cat only shelter that would give PALS a
break and they could concentrate on the dogs.  The have been turning away cats
and dogs because thy simply do not have the room and they just got a larger
facility so they could handle more.  So many in our area have lost jobs, homes
and cannot keep their pets.  Also, being a rural area no one neuters their
anmals, just let them breed and then give the babies away to anyone who takes
them.  Unfortunate because many who take them do not take good care of them,
just let them run loose and if they get hit by a car or taken by a coyote, get
another one.  Even PALS isn't too picky about who takes them.  Thy are overrun
so let them go without too many questions.  I would probably go the other way
and put them thru a background check before I even interviewed them.  Then, I
would end up keeping them because I could not find anyone good enough for my
babies.