From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
dlg...@windstream.net
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2011 2:12 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Living forever :-)

JUST HOW OLD IN THIS NATALIE?  i AM 70 AND HOPE TO BE HERE A FEW MORE YEARS.
Maybe we could get together and help each other out.  fATHER MADE IT TO 92.
SPEAKING OF HAVING A RESCUE/NO KLL SHELTER,  DO YOU HAVE TO BE LICENSED?  i
WAS THINKING of starting one and applying to cat food companies for $ off or
a dnation of food, maybe.  Then I could handle more than 7.  Right now,
between litter and food, my budget is stretched to it's limit.  All of you
who  rescue, have you tried this and did it work?  We have so many unwanted
cats around here thatI was thinking if I could start a cat only shelter that
would give PALS a break and they could concentrate on the dogs.  The have
been turning away cats and dogs because thy simply do not have the room and
they just got a larger facility so they could handle more.  So many in our
area have lost jobs, homes and cannot keep their pets.  Also, being a rural
area no one neuters their anmals, just let them breed and then give the
babies away to anyone who takes them.  Unfortunate because many who take
them do not take good care of them, just let them run loose and if they get
hit by a car o!
 r taken by a coyote, get another one.  Even PALS isn't too picky about who
takes them.  Thy are overrun so let them go without too many questions.  I
would probably go the other way and put them thru a background check before
I even interviewed them.  Then, I would end up keeping them because I could
not find anyone good enough for my babies.