When we lived in the country on a pond we had Canada geese, and we
learned to tell them apart by the markings on their masks. They are
extremely intelligent, as well as being elegant beautiful birds. We
really loved them.  I am sickened now by the knowledge that they are
being "rounded up" as the DNR calls its,  because of people building
houses and golf courses on lakes that have always been the habitat of
the geese.  The rounds ups are done when the geese are molting and
therefore flightless, and I was nearly arrested from interfering in
one of those horrible round ups, where they are herded the terrified
geese into pens and then gassed them.

I've never witnessed a pigeon shoot, but I've read about them and
they are barbaric and cruel.  I'm glad the Hegins shoot has ended,
but I'm sure there are more elsewhere.  How people can enjoy such a
"sport" says a lot about the makeup of humans. We are the most cruel
beings on the face of the earth!

Lorrie