Thanks again to all who are replying.  Marta, I didn't see the cat turn blue
thevet told me this happened when they took her in the back to draw blood.
she came out and told me this & suggested an x ray instead. Right now, it
has been 1.5 days since vet visit and she is on lasix twice a day after one
injection also in office. She also had a convenia two week antibiotic shot.
She didn't have any panting or severe (to my observation) dificultity in
breathing
other than she seemed to have the sniffles and some discharge from eyes . I
assumed
she caught what my other three cats were treated for this month: upper
respiratory
infection. They all are doing fine. That's why i was in shock yesterday when vet
told me i should seriously consider putting her to sleep right then. I couldn't
do it
b/c that morning, she had eaten (not as much as usual), drinking water, peeing.
didn't see
any panting. Right now she is sleeping peacefully.  She ate small amounts about
4 times
today, is peeing alot and drinking water. She is cleaning herself and even took
a small
walk in the enclosed cat yard. I notice a small amount of mucus coming out
of her nose, just a little when she sniffles.
Jennie, i am so sorry to hear about your cat. I had a cat about 6 years ago
that died of this.
Again, I had no clue about this disease. .Your information was very helpful
about lasix
and fluid accumulation. I am sure, but I was in shock at the time, the vet said
fluid was
in the lungs but from the x ray, she couldn't even see her heart. I am praying
that my
cat just has an infection. but i know i have to plan now what to do. I'm not
sure I would
put her through much. just maybe keep her comfortable and as long as she is
eating. I
will call the vet monday and report on her condition and maybe if she is still
doing
fairly ok, ask for more lasix pills. she only gave me 10. I have to take this
one day at
a time. Thanks again. It is comforting to know there are others who understand
what it is like to
get bad news. She is such a sweet cat.  I don't consider her feral really even
if born to feral. She is just
afraid of strangers. She is one of three kittens I rescued from the feral
mother's litter. I have her
brother and her sister. The sister loves her so much. sits with her and they
groom each other. the
brother is a big pest to them.