 Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:14:42 -0700
From: marta.gas...@yahoo.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Uveitis

Oh yes..but in the rescues or just neutered, any type of stress would lower the
inmune system so oportunistic infections like  eye infections occur.

Uveitis is more serious, it is a symptom not a disease. And it is very, very
painful. The eye is reddened as irritated and it is swollen, might or no have a
discharge. Last FeLV+ I had got uveitis in her last days when she was very ill,
I put her down shortly after because she was in so much pain and had gone
blind, so as for her I didn't do anything. I had a FIV+ that had uveitis on and
off in his last month, he had other infections so was treated for that and with
Interpheron to bring down the swelling. My cat that had glaucoma also developed
uveitis and had to have surgery.
Like I said it is a very painful condition, I suppose Interferon can do
something, abx would only act against infections, which she'd be prone to if
she has FeLV..all the best to your lil' girlie
Marta

http://homelessnomore.webs.com/