I guess your mom requested no tubes, and this is why she only
got morphine. I'm sure glad she had that.  Hospice is usually
very generous with it, whereas hospitals aren't.  Never go to
a hospital to die. They do everything they can to keep you alive
and they never give patients enough pain medication.  I've worked
in hospitals and heard patients crying and moaning with no relief,
because doctors are afraid patients might get addicted.
This ridiculous when the person is gonna die anyway!!