Yes, I've heard from wildlife experts that the population of all species
will level off at the carrying capacity (food, shelter) of the habitat,
despite predation (of any sort).   This is why if you want to reduce a
species' population, you have to sterilize and return, so the sterilized
ones take up some of that capacity.

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Natalie <at...@optonline.net> wrote:

> *No, they wouldn’t reproduce the same way, that’s the whole point!
> According to research on reproduction, hunted herds twin only 14%, while
> hunted herds twin or even triple at 38%.  It’s just nature’s way!  In fact,
> predators are better hunters because they go for the sick and old animals,
> while hunters avoid them, thereby actually degrading the gene pool –
> healthier animals are not the result of hunting – that’s done at deer farms
> by mating the best with the best specimen, producing fantastic trophy
> animals.*
>
> *No, I do not eat any meat.*
>
> ** **

----------------------------
Go Get a Life---Go Get a Shelter Animal!

If you can't adopt, then foster "bottle baby" shelter animal, to save their
life.  Contact your local pound for information.
<http://www.laanimalservices.com/volunteer_fostercare.htm>

If you can't bottle feed, foster an older animal, to save their life, and
to free up cage space.

Ask your local animal pound to start saving over 90% of their intake by
implementing the No Kill Equation:
http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/no-kill-equation/<http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/>

Here's the current growing list of true No Kill communities:
http://www.nokillhouston.org/no-kill-shelters-in-north-america/

Legislate better animal pound conditions: http://www.rescue50.org

More fun reading: http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/guides/

More fun watching: http://vimeo.com/nokill/videos especially
http://vimeo.com/48445902

Local feral cat crisis?   See Alley Cat Allies' for how to respond:
http://www.alleycat.org/page.aspx?pid=537