 From: Natalie <at...@optonline.net>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Bow hunting

It may provide your family with meat, BUT, technically, hunting doesn’t really
lower deer populations except in the immediate aftermath of a cull.  Next year,
there will be the same number of deer, if not more, because hunting encourages
and spurs reproduction through compensatory rebound and because states manage
deer for MSY (maximum sustained yield).  I’m sure that you will notice that the
population doesn’t really go down in the long run.  I have made it my business
to learn as much as I can about deer biology/reproduction.  Natalie