You can also just vax for Panleuk only.

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Beth <create_me_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Mine were not symptomatic at the time they got the FVRCP. They became
> symptomatic immediately afterward. If there is a huge risk of getting
> panleukopenis (sp?)  You might want to take the risk - if you rescue a lot
> from AC. Otherwise it is another thing for their immune system to deal
> with. I don't give any of my cats FVRCP vax anymore since I stopped
> fostering except fot the FeLVs.
>
> Sharyl <cline...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Again it really depends on the kitten.  I've rescued 10 FeLV kittens.
> All had their rabies shot and initial series of FVRCP shots.  All were
> asymptomatic at the time.  None got sick from the vaccines.  I eventually
> lost all of them to FeLV.  They lived from 1 yr to 4 yrs.  It is a decision
> each individual has to make.  Mine got their rabies vax because it is
> required by law.  They got the FVRCP series of 2 shots because I did not
> want to risk them getting distemper.
> >
> >There is no one rule that applies to all cats except to love them and
> give them the best food and care you can.  It broke my heart to lose my
> FeLV babies but they brought me so much joy.  I only hope I was able to
> give them 1/2 of what they gave me.
> >
> >Hugs to yours
> >Sharyl
> >

> >________________________________

----------------------------
Go Get a Life---Go Get a Shelter Animal!

If you can't adopt, then foster "bottle baby" shelter animal, to save their
life.  Contact your local pound for information.
<http://www.laanimalservices.com/volunteer_fostercare.htm>

If you can't bottle feed, foster an older animal, to save their life, and
to free up cage space.

Ask your local animal pound to start saving over 90% of their intake by
implementing the No Kill Equation:
http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/no-kill-equation/<http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/>

Here's the current growing list of true No Kill communities:
http://www.nokillhouston.org/no-kill-shelters-in-north-america/

Legislate better animal pound conditions: http://www.rescue50.org

More fun reading: http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/guides/

More fun watching: http://vimeo.com/nokill/videos especially
http://vimeo.com/48445902

Local feral cat crisis?   See Alley Cat Allies' for how to respond:
http://www.alleycat.org/page.aspx?pid=537