I'm so sorry. Gentlest of Bridge vibes to Nitnoy, she deserves a good rest.
And so do you. Hugs.

Diane R.

-----Original Message-----
From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
dlg...@windstream.net
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2012 5:08 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Nitnoy and felv

My Nitnoy crossed over today at 12:45.    She had been with me since 2008,
survived a raccoon biting of her tail and being FELV +.  There was nothing
to idicate whaat was going on.  During the holidays, she was not doing well
so took her to ER.  They did x-rays and complete bloodwork.  I had told them
she was FELV+ but they did not seem upset that she was just 1 point low on
red and white cells.  After the holiday, I took her to my vet as she was not
improving, had not passed urine or stool.  First thing he did was look at
her anal glands.  They were impacted and infected.  He cleaned them out and
gave her Covina and we brought home Orbax to be given once daily.
Everything was much better, she was back to her self.  Then Friday, she
began hiding, not eating or drinking so took her to vet on Saturday.  ONE
THING SHE DID THAT STRUCK ME ODD - SHE TRIED TO EAT THE FIRBARK THAT MY
ORCHIDS ARE PLANTED IN.  Sat when we got to vet, my dr was not there, but
his wife (also a vet) was.  She said her lymph glands were slightly enlarged
and gums very pale.  We did another blood panel.  Her white cells were .98
and her red blood cells were 3.2.  Kidney and liver functions were normal as
were creatine and bun.  We thought about going to ER for transfusion, but
she would have to stay over the weekend in a cage and we decided the stress
would outweigh any good it might do plus her body might just kill the new
blood and we would be right back where we started plus stress.  Again, gave
Covina shot and started again on Orbax.  I wanted to try a tonic that has
worked wonders on cancers, etc.  Vet said ok but keep a record of what I did
in case it worked.  She actually seemed to improve.  I was feeding with an
eye dropper aruond 50 ml every hour (i can ad mixed with 3 cans hot water so
she could swallow and also to egt fluids into her.  She got around 50ml of
tonic also.  She took a turn for the worse this am at 3:30, but then seemed
to get better.  She was breathing easier, heart was strong and she responded
to my voice and touch.  By 12:45, she had gone completely the opposite
direction.  I was holding her aganst me as she seemed to like the body
warmth when she gasped 3 or 4 times and the light in her eyes went out.  I
knew she was going and I told her it was all right.  She held on with her
claws, gave a sigh and that was all.