I'm so sorry.  I know how  much you must grieve but you need to rejoice that 
you were holding her lovingly when she passed and you spoke to her and told her 
it was all right to leave.  She is having no pain now, no discomfort, wherever 
it is that we all go when we pass.  But you are still here stuck with the pain 
and grief.  Please be nice to yourself and do something to relieve your 
unhappiness.  You did a wonderful thing for Nitnoy.  You gave her 4 years of 
quality life and love.  Some people don't get as much.  Hugs and blessings to 

Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty neighbors 

 From: "dlg...@windstream.net" <dlg...@windstream.net>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org 
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2012 5:07 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] Nitnoy and felv
My Nitnoy crossed over today at 12:45.    She had been with me since 2008, 
survived a raccoon biting of her tail and being FELV +.  There was nothing to 
idicate whaat was going on.  During the holidays, she was not doing well so 
took her to ER.  They did x-rays and complete bloodwork.  I had told them she 
was FELV+ but they did not seem upset that she was just 1 point low on red and 
white cells.  After the holiday, I took her to my vet as she was not improving, 
had not passed urine or stool.  First thing he did was look at her anal 
glands.  They were impacted and infected.  He cleaned them out and gave her 
Covina and we brought home Orbax to be given once daily.  Everything was much 
better, she was back to her self.  Then Friday, she began hiding, not eating or 
drinking so took her to vet on Saturday.  ONE THING SHE DID THAT STRUCK ME ODD 
to vet, my dr was not
 there, but his wife (also a vet) was.  She said her lymph glands were slightly 
enlarged and gums very pale.  We did another blood panel.  Her white cells were 
.98 and her red blood cells were 3.2.  Kidney and liver functions were normal 
as were creatine and bun.  We thought about going to ER for transfusion, but 
she would have to stay over the weekend in a cage and we decided the stress 
would outweigh any good it might do plus her body might just kill the new blood 
and we would be right back where we started plus stress.  Again, gave Covina 
shot and started again on Orbax.  I wanted to try a tonic that has worked 
wonders on cancers, etc.  Vet said ok but keep a record of what I did in case 
it worked.  She actually seemed to improve.  I was feeding with an eye dropper 
aruond 50 ml every hour (i can ad mixed with 3 cans hot water so she could 
swallow and also to egt fluids into her.  She got around 50ml of tonic also.  
She took a turn for the
 worse this am at 3:30, but then seemed to get better.  She was breathing 
easier, heart was strong and she responded to my voice and touch.  By 12:45, 
she had gone completely the opposite direction.  I was holding her aganst me as 
she seemed to like the body warmth when she gasped 3 or 4 times and the light 
in her eyes went out.  I knew she was going and I told her it was all right.  
She held on with her claws, gave a sigh and that was all.

Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk mailing list

Reply via email to