 From: "dlg...@windstream.net" <dlg...@windstream.net>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2012 5:07 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] Nitnoy and felv

My Nitnoy crossed over today at 12:45.    She had been with me since 2008,
survived a raccoon biting of her tail and being FELV +.  There was nothing to
idicate whaat was going on.  During the holidays, she was not doing well so
took her to ER.  They did x-rays and complete bloodwork.  I had told them she
was FELV+ but they did not seem upset that she was just 1 point low on red and
white cells.  After the holiday, I took her to my vet as she was not improving,
had not passed urine or stool.  First thing he did was look at her anal
glands.  They were impacted and infected.  He cleaned them out and gave her
Covina and we brought home Orbax to be given once daily.  Everything was much
better, she was back to her self.  Then Friday, she began hiding, not eating or
drinking so took her to vet on Saturday.  ONE THING SHE DID THAT STRUCK ME ODD
- SHE TRIED TO EAT THE FIRBARK THAT MY ORCHIDS ARE PLANTED IN.  Sat when we got
to vet, my dr was not
 there, but his wife (also a vet) was.  She said her lymph glands were slightly
enlarged and gums very pale.  We did another blood panel.  Her white cells were
.98 and her red blood cells were 3.2.  Kidney and liver functions were normal
as were creatine and bun.  We thought about going to ER for transfusion, but
she would have to stay over the weekend in a cage and we decided the stress
would outweigh any good it might do plus her body might just kill the new blood
and we would be right back where we started plus stress.  Again, gave Covina
shot and started again on Orbax.  I wanted to try a tonic that has worked
wonders on cancers, etc.  Vet said ok but keep a record of what I did in case
it worked.  She actually seemed to improve.  I was feeding with an eye dropper
aruond 50 ml every hour (i can ad mixed with 3 cans hot water so she could
swallow and also to egt fluids into her.  She got around 50ml of tonic also.
She took a turn for the
 worse this am at 3:30, but then seemed to get better.  She was breathing
easier, heart was strong and she responded to my voice and touch.  By 12:45,
she had gone completely the opposite direction.  I was holding her aganst me as
she seemed to like the body warmth when she gasped 3 or 4 times and the light
in her eyes went out.  I knew she was going and I told her it was all right.
She held on with her claws, gave a sigh and that was all.