Watch them for Panleuk symptoms: depression, hanging head (most of the
time, not just over the food/water bowl), loose/watery stools, vomitting,
low energy.

If they are throwing up just bile, then they are just hungry.   Can you
syringe some baby food into them to get them started eating again?   What
are you feeding?   If dry, switch to raw or healthy wet, such as Merrick's
Before Grain (plus 5% canned unspiced pumpkin).   You can also mix up half
and half goat milk and wet food.

I don't let my cats get around pine/cedar litter because of the phenols in
pine, which can be toxic to cat livers.  Supposedly, this is taken care of
in cat litters, but if it makes my bladder disease worse, then I don't
subject cats to it, either.  Not to mention this stuff is scented, to boot.

Use disposable gloves when handling the kittens.

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Martha Walton <marthawal...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I am kitten-sitting two kittens this weekend for a friend.  The kittens
> ate well for the first two days, but yesterday they turned their nose up at
> food.  Today neither kitten is eating and they are both throwing up water.
> Yesterday one of the kittens had diarrhea.  Neither has done #2 today.
> Both kittens are playful, drinking water and alert, but I am very worried
> about them not eating.  I have called their owner and left a message about
> the vomiting.
>
> The owner says that both kittens have been tested for "all diseases".  I
> have not let the kittens have contact with my 5 house-cats.  Today one of
> my cats had some diarrhea, so I am hoping that the kittens are not getting
> my cats sick..
>
> Any suggestions?  The kittens go back to their house tomorrow at 10:00am.
>
> I am using Tidy Cats Pure Nature for their cat litter.

----------------------------
Go Get a Life---Go Get a Shelter Animal!

If you can't adopt, then foster "bottle baby" shelter animal, to save their
life.  Contact your local pound for information.
<http://www.laanimalservices.com/volunteer_fostercare.htm>

If you can't bottle feed, foster an older animal, to save their life, and
to free up cage space.

Ask your local animal pound to start saving over 90% of their intake by
implementing the No Kill Equation:
http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/no-kill-equation/<http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/>

Here's the current growing list of true No Kill communities:
http://www.no-killnews.com/ (see the right sidebar)

Legislate better animal pound conditions: http://www.rescue50.org

More fun reading: http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/guides/

More fun watching: http://vimeo.com/nokill/videos especially
http://vimeo.com/48445902

Local feral cat crisis?   See Alley Cat Allies' for how to respond:
http://www.alleycat.org/page.aspx?pid=537