Wonder how it worked on the virus, or does it work on viruses, too?   Last
I talked to the vets that treated my kittens (most died), they wouldn't use
``controversial'' Tamiflu.   My friend's vet saved her litter that way.

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Marcia <marciabmar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Diarrhea control gel by van beek clears it right up if its bacterial. I
> had a lot of cats years ago that had been dumped on me and I could not
> catch them to vaccinate. Pretty soon they all started dying, and it was
> panleuk. I had a bottle of excenel that I had used on my Pygmy goat for
> mastitis. It wasn't labeled for cats at that time but I knew it killed fast
> growing bacteria, like toxic shock. Didn't think I had anything to lose so
> I started hitting everyone up with it and it saved their lives! Fortunately
> the next year in the Plumb Veterinary drug Handbook it was labeled for
> cats. 1 mg per lb. 50 mg per ML just in case you ever need it(-:
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 4, 2012, at 4:19 PM, Martha Walton <marthawal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Kathryn & Christiane.
> Both kittens just had diarrhea, no blood in the stool & no blood in the
> vomit.
>
> She is feeding them wet food, Friskies/wet and Meow Mix/wet.  I have tried
> to get the kittens to eat Before Grain wet food, but they will not eat it.
> The kittens will lap up a little water, but nothing excessive.  Problem is,
> they walk away and vomit up the water.
>
> Kittens were eating good Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.  I gave them some
> dry food on Thursday or Friday night, Natures Variety Instinct.  Maybe
> their tummies just didn't like the new food.
>
> I am very worried, the kittens go back to their home tomorrow AM.  The
> kittens have had the first round of shots & testing.  I have called their
> human parents twice and left two messages.
>
> On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Christiane Biagi <ti...@mindspring.com>wrote:
>
>> Are they eating the food they usually eat or did they have a change of
>> food when they came to your house?  ****
>>
>> ** **

----------------------------
Go Get a Life---Go Get a Shelter Animal!

If you can't adopt, then foster "bottle baby" shelter animal, to save their
life.  Contact your local pound for information.
<http://www.laanimalservices.com/volunteer_fostercare.htm>

If you can't bottle feed, foster an older animal, to save their life, and
to free up cage space.

Ask your local animal pound to start saving over 90% of their intake by
implementing the No Kill Equation:
http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/no-kill-equation/<http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/>

Here's the current growing list of true No Kill communities:
http://www.no-killnews.com/ (see the right sidebar)

Legislate better animal pound conditions: http://www.rescue50.org

More fun reading: http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/guides/

More fun watching: http://vimeo.com/nokill/videos especially
http://vimeo.com/48445902

Local feral cat crisis?   See Alley Cat Allies' for how to respond:
http://www.alleycat.org/page.aspx?pid=537