From: catatonya <catato...@yahoo.com>
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Bedwetting Cat sofa advice?

Hi, I'm Tonya. I haven't been on list for quite a while. My positive cat DD is
doing great. She is going on 14! We had some wetting incidents over the summer,
and I was sure we were looking at kidneys, but her vet visit found her
healthy....

I am pretty much the queen of waterproofing. And yes it does save heating bills
in the winter!

My question is this. I have used everything mentioned for beds on sofas to no
effect. Anyone have a peeproof sofa recommendation besides covering in plastic
and then covering with sheets? My cat will move and pull all the plastic away
and get some of the urine on the sofa. I have a sofa and a love seat turned
upside down in my living room right now where I gave up!

tonya

 good deodorizer after it evaporates.  But in the summer, if you don't want to
feel you are being shrink wrapped, you can use the top removable types and
either toss into the wash or toss into the garbage if they are disposable.  The
washable are more economical. You can even make up the bed in the morning and
then put a fitted waterproof mattress topper over the whole thing to keep
everything good while you are gone.  If an accident happens, you just whisk the
cover off and you are ready for sleeping in the bed.