When Percy tested positive for FeLv, I waited 90 days, (3 months) then had him
retested when he was finally neutered.  He had had other health issues too -
slight anemia, fur problems and he is also FIV+ but that's not an issue since I
have a small FIV+ colony in a separate indoor area.  So now he is negative for
FeLv, neutered and living with 4 other mates.

I also have a female, Bunny who tested FeLv+ and hasn't been retested yet.  She
tested positive when she was spayed at a no-kill shelter and fortunately, they
didn't kill her which they usually do when a cat tests positive for FeLv.  I am
going to retest her soon since she was with me for over 3 months already, in a
room of her own.  She was just about a year old when she was brought to me for
fostering so I'm hoping she has overcome the FeLv.  She gained about 100 pounds
since she has been here and looks like a bowling ball covered with tabby fur. I
don't see any danger in spaying your kitty either before or after testing but
if you want to do it at the same time, it will save you a drive to the clinic
and a second visit for the cat.

too!