Robert Patterson writes,

The only way I can think of to create single-page PDF's is to print each page one at a time. My recollection of creating EPS files is that you can create a separate (single-page) EPS file for each page in a single pass. This is a huge difference of effort.

I'm sure there are good reasons to import into PageMaker (or other page layout program) before printing. Is it mainly just to pick up logos, or to mix in text? For, e.g., an extracted orchestra part I can't see much benefit. Or am I missing something?

In System 9 for Macintosh you could choose a bitmap preview for EPS files that will be entered into word documents. The screen image would be just as good as the original screen image, but the printout would be excellent on a laser printer. Now in System X you have to choose a TIFF screen image. It looks lousy on screen, but printout is fine. All of my Finale Tutorial text files have musical examples added via EPS files. When I've had to make new ones for updated tutorials, the screen images are poor. I would be happy if Coda would give us back the choice of bitmap screen previews for EPS files. Now that Word will import PDF files, I tried that. The screen images are very good, but the printouts are poor.

Hal
--
Harold Owen
2830 Emerald St., Eugene, OR 97403