David W. Fenton schrieb:
Now, I do think that the argument that PDF is now native to OS X is a persuasive one in terms of arguing what Finale should support on OS X. However, there is no such native support in Windows, nor do I know if the next major release of Windows, Longhorn, will incorporate PDF support. Given that MS is trying to create a competing standard, Metro (see http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/software/story/0,10801,101
344,00.html, all on one line, of course), I strongly doubt it.

Thus, MakeMusic would be required to support two completely different formats on the two different versions of Finale. That goes against the recent history of the design of Finale, which has been as far as possible identical in functionality on both Windows and Mac (though the UI may have slight variations appropriate to the platform).

Finale always supported two different native graphics formats, TIFF and PICT. Eventually TIFF was included on the Mac platform as well, as the Mac uses that, too. But as far as I know Pict is only supported on the Mac platform.

PDF will be the future for any graphics based app on the Mac, and I am pretty sure that Finale will eventually have to include PDF export. It's probably not even a big deal, as most of it would be handled by the OS anyway. Perhaps in 2k8.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de