Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
At 09:00 PM 9/22/05 +0100, Owain Sutton wrote:
dr.a.s. weinstangel wrote:
That I always knew.What I did not know, and have just discovered, was
that clicking "/" on the following group note does not do anything
unless "/" is clicked on the preceding grace note as well! Curious and
curiouser!
Yes, I've always regarded that as a bug.
I don't follow. Why wouldn't the grace note be included in the slashing
process? It would seem like, just as with rests, you'd have to indicate
that it is to be beamed over. I never noticed there was anything unusual
here. Or am I misunderstanding?
Dennis
Clicking "/" on the note following the grace note beams it to the note
preceding the grace note. So I see it that the grace note has no role
in the beaming structure, and the invisible effect of clicking "/" on
the grace note is purely to tick the right boxes somewhere in the data
of the file. That I regard as a bug.
(I'm assuming there's no purpose to being able to click "/" only on a
grace note by itself...if there is, my point may be less valid)
Owain
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale