On Sep 22, 2005, at 11:19 AM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

The "/" key in speedy. Include the grace note in the slashing. Finale gives no visible clues about this, unfortunately. You never know which slashing
you're on.

If you really need to know, you can look in the Edit Frames window.*
For the beam to connect, both the grace note and the big note following it both have to have the "Beam/Beat" field turned off.

I agree that better visual feedback could be useful here. The slash key in Speedy toggles the Beam/Beat for the note you're on. If your beam is broken and you don't know which note is the culprit, you could toggle the wrong one, causing them both to indicate the beam break. Then if you go back and toggle the other, you'll fix that one but not the one you just unfixed, so the beam is still broken, perhaps leading you to wonder if something else is wrong. It can be very confusing.

mdl

* Most users probably never visit the Edit Frames window at all. I always loved Edit Frames, because it gives complete control over things that are difficult or impossible to manipulate through the usual means, but it's definitely under-the-hood. I used it more in the old days, when it was sometimes the only way around a bug -- like making ties appear properly across repeats, which I believe works properly now -- and when one more often resorted to kludges that needed to be cleaned up after. (I vaguely recall using it to turn off ledger lines for selective notes, though looking back now I can't imagine what for....)

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to