Friends...
A while back someone posted about the "hidden corners" of Finale, which led me
to pose a question about your forays into those areas. The responses were
interesting and enlightening.

The recent posts about certain "features" lead me, then, to the following
questions:

1. WHAT "ADD-ONS" DO YOU USE?
a.The Band-in-a-Box Harmonizer?
b.The rhyming dictionary?
c.The marching percussion?
d.The exercises/exercise wizard?
e.GPO?
f.Finale Performance Assessment?
g.Scanning?
h.Creation of Smart Music accompaniments?
i.Composer's Assistant?
j.FinaleScript?
k.MIBAC Rhythm Section Generator?
l.Anything like these that I might have overlooked?

2. How often do you use them?

3. Was any of them a "deal-maker" for your purchase of Finale?

4. How do you rate the quality of those features you use or tried to use?

I'll start.
*I already owned GPO, so that point is moot.
*I tried the Auto-Harmonizer twice and was thoroughly underwhelmed--not ready
for prime-time.
*I tried scanning a couple things--worked ok for some simple stuff, but not
otherwise worth the time or effort
*I wanted to try some FinaleScript, but LAST I LOOKED (which was a while ago)
it was a "teach yourself"
 project for which I simply lacked time. It's supposed to be a time saver, but
I lacked the time to invest in  mastering it. Is that different in 2006?

<<winmail.dat>>