David, Peter, Dennis, (and perhaps others)...
First of all, thatks to you for helping!
The problem occurs when I *reply to* messages, not when I initiate a topic.
Perhaps I didn't stress that aspect enough.
I don't reply to an individual and the list, only to the list. Only
Finale@shsu.edu is in my 'to' area and there are no cc, nor have I heard from
others that I am sending dupes.

I notice that a few other users have the same situation.  The attachments do
not bother me in the least, either, Peter, but apparently they get to some
people, and I'd love to cooperate by eliminating them...

I'll try a few other settings here, but the one unfortunate part of OWA is that
it is usually configured "from on high" with relatively few options open to the
user.

So...there should be two attachment on this one, consisting of :
1. David's post (in reply to my original), to which I am sending this reply, and
2. The Finale group "signature."
Let's see...
Again thanks to the three of you!
Jim