On Jun 20, 2007, at 7:31 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:

I recently did a rather conservative hymn-like choral setting, and adding a extra eighth note to one of the verses (multiple verses stacked below one staff) proved to be a real kludge in Finale! The extra eighth note was reduced in size, you see, and the syllable kept reducing with it .....

Lyrics attached to reduced notes comes up a lot with ornaments and cadenzas, too. That why I got in the habit of using fixed size for lyrics. Unfortunately that means giving up half-point sizes. I really like lyrics in 10.5 pt, but you can't get that with fixed size. It's silly. Why must fractional sizes be unavailable?

mdl