Christopher, my personal likes and needs- and yours, are precisely the
point!
As I said in my original post- (which sparked Denis's response which created
this thread)- I do not want or need anything more complex than Fin 2001 for
my usage.
My son has a watch which tells the time- in all time zones, has a built in
calculator, stop watch, diving depth(??) day/date in three languages and
knobs all round it. It weighs about half a kilo and is as big as a thick
slice of apple! Mine (bought from Finale)tells the time, and has a USB
built in the strap for transporting scores, files, lists etc to and from
rehearsals. Horses for courses- simple.
My mobile phone is a 'phone, full stop. My son's plays music, accesses
internet, has a built-in computer- (with almost as much memory as my PC) is
a camera, a voice recorder, palm pilot and God knows what else. It also cost
11 times as much as mine! It does not take or make 'phone calls better than
mine.
At no time have I said the 'power users' of Finale were wrong or in error in
any way.
I - like many other listers I'm sure, do not make a living (or ANY money)
from using Finale. My arrangements are 99% for band, and strictly in house
use. Like most of us, I probably break (or certainly bend) the various
copyright laws occasionally. My arrangement of Jingle Bells for brass sextet
goes down a treat at the old folks homes and shopping centres!
Therefore if someone were to ask me to 'do' a piece with circles, tapers,
and other geegaws (love that word!) I could - and would, simply say  "No can
do".

Oh, regarding cadenzas- yes I write them, using "Ignore extra notes in
measure" in Simple System.
And Brittany? Her millions say she is very successful at HER brand of
"music"- (I use the word very loosely!)
Liberace laughed- literally- all the way to the bank!

Anyway, nice to talk to you!

Cheers K in OZ

Keith Helgesen.
Ph: (02) 62910787.