On Aug 20, 2007, at 1:55 AM, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

On 20.08.2007 Christopher Smith wrote:
I tried printing to PDF (thinking that I would be able to print the resulting PDF file more easily) but no. The PDF got created, but the screen display was the same crappy low-rez preview I get in AppleWorks, and the file would not print to either of my printers, getting ignored again.

To print EPS to PDF you may have to first print to a PS file, and then open the resulting PS file in Preview.

Not sure whether this would solve your printing problem.

Johannes,

Thanks for the tip.

Instead of printing the Word document to PDF, I tried "Save PDF as Postscript" from the Print dialogue. The file got created, but would not open in Preview or anything else I could try, getting an error "Postscript Conversion Error. Couldn't convert the Postscript file to a PDF file." then when I clicked OK I got "File Error. Couldn't open the file."

I have some unusual fonts in the Finale document. I wonder if this is the problem.

Christopher