On Aug 22, 2007, at 5:23 AM, Darcy James Argue wrote:
Can't you crop the PS in Preview, using the Marquee tool and then
the Crop button?
And I'm probably missing something crucial here, but why are you
bothering with EPS at all? If you're trying to place Finale
examples in a Word file, can't you just print to PDF crop what you
need, then place the cropped PDF? This works for me -- I haven't
needed or wanted EPS in years. Perhaps there's some reason why this
won't work for you, though.
In Word for Mac 2004 (the version I have) an imported PDF prints with
the screen resolution, antialiasing and all, slightly fuzzy outlines,
etc. I was hoping for the razor-sharp music examples I get with EPS
in AppleWorks or Word.
Actually, in Pages (the new program that more or less replaced
AppleWorks) PDFs import beautifully and there is a lot more control
over style and spacing, but I would have to buy it, as my 30-day
trial is expiring soon. I would also have to learn it, and I do know
AppleWorks inside out, which helps for this fussy stuff.
Christopher
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale