When you say "strange articulation symbols" in your original message, do you mean that they are NOT from the Articulations font at all, or that they ARE from the Articulations font, but just the wrong characters?

I have an inkling that it is the former that you are seeing.

All you have to do is run Data Check>Compare Document Fonts Against System Fonts and make sure you replace the greyed out Articulations font (that you removed) with the one that you installed. Probably the font that Nick sent you doesn't look to Finale like it is exactly the same font that you created the document with, even though it appears to have the same name, and so Finale thinks that the font doesn't exist and substitutes Courier.

I think Swap Fonts will accomplish the same thing, too.

If you discover that you ABSOLUTELY need to have both the old and new Articulations fonts, then maybe renaming the new one to ArticulationsB will solve it, as it will peacefully coexist with the original one and you can choose it for the new glyph whenever you need it.

Though maybe that won't work, as fonts are a mystical and dark subject, with many things that do not work as expected...

Christopher




On 30-Aug-07, at 11:29 AM, Chuck Israels wrote:

Hi all,

Never mind - fixed the problem in existing files by finding the original version of the font that I had installed and re-installed that. Now the question is: how to get the new symbol into the existing font library without messing everything up?

Ideas?

Chuck


On Aug 30, 2007, at 8:22 AM, Chuck Israels wrote:

Hi all,

I messed up - I know. Nick Carter kindly sent me a new version of Bill Duncan's Articulation font - with an extra symbol I had asked for, and I thoughtlessly installed it over the one I had - now everything is out of place in my custom font libraries - all documents have strange articulation symbols.

My fault entirely - but how best to proceed to repair the damage?

TIA,

Chuck


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to