I am in touch with Nick about this now.

Nd yes, I meant the Finale Library. I have moved symbols around and deleted some, at my convenience so, if you replace the articulations font in Fontbook (the application that handles fonts on Macs) the root level of the computer cannot know what you've done in Finale. If I'd given this a moment's thought, I could have seen this coming. Experience is a hard teacher; first the test; then the lesson.

Anyway, everything is now restored to working order. I re-installed the Articulations font I had originally, and everything is back in place. Now I would like to figure out how to proceed to add the one new symbol Nick has made. Maybe Nick will be able to tell me, or maybe I can figure out how to create it from one of the existing symbols, which is what I think Nick did. It's simply a re- orientation of something that's already there.

Chuck


On Aug 30, 2007, at 10:14 AM, Eric Dannewitz wrote:

Chuck uses a Mac.

I think he means Library, as in a Finale Library.

What symbol did Nick add to the font that was missing? You should ask him about it. I would think as long as all the character positions in the font are the same as the old, then it should work fine. Perhaps Nick did not name the font correctly and it isn't showing up as Articulations anymore? Check Font Book in Applications to see what it is named.

Kim Patrick Clow wrote:
On 8/30/07, dc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:


What do you mean by "font library"?


I think he means the font folder in Windows...(if that's what he's using).

Kim
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836
phone (360) 671-3402
fax (360) 676-6055
www.chuckisraels.com

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to