Erik,

There are 3 things in Fontbook. Artic, Articlations.bmap, and Articulations.suit

Which one is which?  Do I need all 3?

Arghhh!


Chuck


On Aug 30, 2007, at 8:49 PM, Eric Dannewitz wrote:

Usually, fonts get installed, I think, in Users/YOURUSERNAME/ Library/Fonts and are available just to that user. But, some programs install the fonts in /Library/Fonts (Like Macintosh HD/ Library/Fonts) which is available to all users. There is an option in Font book, in the preferences, to force the program to install a font in a specific place. And, you can drag fonts from Collections (Like Computer) to a User, and vice versa. I'm sure you already knew all this.

Perhaps there were two copies that were different with the same name that was causing the problem? Rather interesting problem......

Chuck Israels wrote:
I am in touch with Nick about this now.

Nd yes, I meant the Finale Library. I have moved symbols around and deleted some, at my convenience so, if you replace the articulations font in Fontbook (the application that handles fonts on Macs) the root level of the computer cannot know what you've done in Finale. If I'd given this a moment's thought, I could have seen this coming. Experience is a hard teacher; first the test; then the lesson.

Anyway, everything is now restored to working order. I re- installed the Articulations font I had originally, and everything is back in place. Now I would like to figure out how to proceed to add the one new symbol Nick has made. Maybe Nick will be able to tell me, or maybe I can figure out how to create it from one of the existing symbols, which is what I think Nick did. It's simply a re-orientation of something that's already there.

Chuck

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836
phone (360) 671-3402
fax (360) 676-6055
www.chuckisraels.com

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to