Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
Hi all,
Can anybody replicate this problem and have a solution?
I have a piece with simultaneous time signatures of 7/8, 7/8, 5/8, 3/4 and
4/4. I can't line up the smart shapes -- they won't allow placement in
certain horizontal locations.
For example, the bottom four parts have a decrescendo. The hairpin pulls
all the way across the 7/8 and the 4/4, but will only go to the 4th note
in the 5/8 and the 5th eighth note in the 3/4. If I pull it further, it
jumps to the next measure. Using the nudge tool makes it go *backwards*.
If I make them all a little shorter, then the proper ones jump backwards.
None of them will stay reliably in place. It's not just hairpins. I need
ossia tuplet brackets above (made with smart shapes), and they won't
stretch properly either.
I tried putting it in another measure and moving it over, but the shape
just pops into a different shape as soon as it gets under the measure.
Any clues what to do? Can I "unsmart" these shapes somehow?
Dennis
Have you tried the Shape Expressions hairpins? If you assign them with
metatools, each one is independently editable because Finale creates a
new version of the hairpin each time you place a new one.
These are most definitely NOT smartshapes.
--
David H. Bailey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale