A quick fix: copy the measure you want to add smart shapes to a blank
measure at the *end* of the document and add the smart shapes there, then
copy it back. Apparently the bug you describe only happens when you try to
edit smart shapes in measures that come before other measures but doesn't
happen in measures that are at the end of a file.

Hope this helps,
Brian

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Reply-To: [email protected]
> Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:00:23 -0600
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Finale Digest, Vol 52, Issue 33
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> Can anybody replicate this problem and have a solution?
> 
> I have a piece with simultaneous time signatures of 7/8, 7/8, 5/8, 3/4 and
> 4/4. I can't line up the smart shapes -- they won't allow placement in
> certain horizontal locations.
> 
> For example, the bottom four parts have a decrescendo. The hairpin pulls
> all the way across the 7/8 and the 4/4, but will only go to the 4th note
> in the 5/8 and the 5th eighth note in the 3/4. If I pull it further, it
> jumps to the next measure. Using the nudge tool makes it go *backwards*.
> 
> If I make them all a little shorter, then the proper ones jump backwards.
> None of them will stay reliably in place. It's not just hairpins. I need
> ossia tuplet brackets above (made with smart shapes), and they won't
> stretch properly either.
> 
> I tried putting it in another measure and moving it over, but the shape
> just pops into a different shape as soon as it gets under the measure.
> 
> Any clues what to do? Can I "unsmart" these shapes somehow?
> 
> Dennis

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to