On 05.12.2007 dc wrote:
Johannes Gebauer écrit:
It just shows very well the underlaying problem: Finale's complete dependence on screen 
or print resolution for its "wysiwyg".

Could you elaborate? Not sure I understand.

There is a similar (or not?) problem with hyphens, since they are NOT wysiwyg: 
some will appear in the print-out that are not on the screen, and some will 
appear on screen and not in the print-out.

Well, certain items in Finale display differently in different resolutions. Printing just works like displaying at higher resolutions. I have found that I can pretty reliably see what will get printed (at least as far as slurs are concerned) if I display the page at 200%. On the other hand, if I display at smaller view percentages I see something else. Sometimes this is better than the higher resolution, sometimes it is worse. But mostly it is better, and with the new settings I would like to fix what I see with these smaller resolutions (ie 155%, which is one A4 page width on my iBook). So, to fix the slurs, I display that view, in the smart shape tool select all, press arrow up and arrow down. Now the slurs will keep as they are even at higher percentages.

The only problem with this is that it takes ages to do this for even a 30 page score and for each part individually.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to