On 04.12.2007 Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
As for every page, you can also go to scroll view, set view to 5% or smaller, select all, arrow up/down. That avoids the page issue, but not the wait.
Unfortunately this won't do. What I need is something which will keep the slurs exactly as they are in page view at at a certain view percentage. If I go to scroll view and a tiny view slurs actually are different. I just tried it and the result is a lot of bad slurs (tips crashing into the staff lines again, but also high slurs and a lot of other examples of Engraver slurs gone bad...).
It just shows very well the underlaying problem: Finale's complete dependence on screen or print resolution for its "wysiwyg".
How long is your wait? I just tried it, and it took 70 seconds to do 320 slurs in scroll view (AMD Sempron 3400+ CPU).
Well, the score had almost 800 smart shapes, but I only did the first violin part (5 parts in total) which would be appr. 200 smart shapes (mostly slurs). On my iBook G4 1.33GHz it took about two minutes, I guess.
Anyway, the worst of it is still having to do it individually for each page. If there was a plugin which would just fix things for me for all pages in the current view and view percentage, that would be ideal. Oh well.
Johannes -- http://www.musikmanufaktur.com http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de _______________________________________________ Finale mailing list [email protected] http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
