Yes, I think Fin2008a is an extremely impressive upgrade. There are
still a few longstanding unfixed bugs, obviously, but I think they
made a genuine effort to quash some of the more egregious ones, like
the enharmonic and explode music bugs. They also introduced a
significant new feature which no one on the list has commented on yet
-- in files using AU/VST instruments (like GPO), audio files are no
longer saved in real time. This means that users with older computers
and/or limited RAM can now generate high-quality audio files even if
their computer lacks the processing power to play back using GPO
instruments in real time. This is a feature I've been asking for since
the ability to Save As Audio using AU/VST instruments was first
introduced, and it's a significant addition to Finale.
Cheers,
- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY
On 9 Dec 2007, at 7:32 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:
On 9 Dec 2007 at 19:15, Christopher Smith wrote:
(I'll be checking for some of the other bugs that had been preventing
me before from using 2008 once this project is over. So far, so good,
and I haven't run into any file corruption yet, but the week is still
young!)
For those of you working with the 2008a update, would you say that my
impression that this is one of MakeMusic's best efforts in bug fixes
in a long time? Not only have they fixed bugs introduced in 2008, but
also fixed bugs from previous versions (including the long-standing
hyphens bug).
They seem to have been listening to our complaints about bugs not
being fixed, no? That may be why 2008a came out later than most of
the updates.
This is not to say that there still aren't plenty of bugs lurking,
but this seems to me to have been a pretty solid accomplishment on
their part, at least from what I've read so far.
What say you all?
--
David W. Fenton http://dfenton.com
David Fenton Associates http://dfenton.com/DFA/
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale