I make no claims to being either as exigent or knowledgeable as some, but my experience with 2008a over the past couple of weeks has been encouraging. I am reluctant to consider changing applications, reluctant to learn new working methods when Finale either suits mine or has trained me to suit my methods to the way it works. In any case, for the kinds of things I do, jazz and big band pieces, piano/ vocal scores, and the occasional orchestral or chamber piece in more or less conventional notation, the results are bow both good and pretty practical to achieve.

I have gotten my head wrapped around linked parts and find it a good way to work, though it requires TGTools "Transfer Layout" function to make it work well when there are a number of parts with similar layouts to create.

I have long been a defender of the MM people (probably because I know a few of them and find them intelligent, principled and likable), but I have been embarrassed by what seemed to have been a head in the sand attitude and inattention to many requests to fix extant bugs. It's nice to be able to return to the state of being relatively confident that MM is paying attention.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836
phone (360) 671-3402
fax (360) 676-6055
www.chuckisraels.com

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to