On Wed, February 2, 2011 9:42 am, Jari Williamsson wrote:
> And staff line seems to be identical to barline width?

Yes.

> As I understand it, there are at least 2 "schools" regarding barlines:
> One with thicker barlines than staff lines, and one with same width. For
> parts (but not for scores) I often use thicker barlines than staff lines.

What's the reason for the thicker barlines school? Or for either one, for that
matter? Is there some sort of legibility issue of one vs. the other? I have
some astigmatism, so all kinds of lines bother me and I tend to choose
defaults that are easiest for me to read. I figure if I can read it, anybody
can. :)

Dennis