Back when I was using Finale 98 and just beginning to use Sibelius I
noticed that the Sibelius parts were more legible to my older eyes than the
finale ones. The Finale looked great but the staff lines were so fine that
I was having trouble distinguishing staff lines from ledger lines. I did
not have the problem with Sibelius so I changed Finale's defaults to match
Sibelius. Problem solved. The next version of Finale I bought (2001) was
the first one to respond to Sibelius and the first thing I noticed was that
the default staff lines were thicker.

Just my experience for what it's worth.

Richard Smith

 

 

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 15:42:06 +0100, Jari Williamsson
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2011-02-02 14:45, dc wrote:
> 
>> Interesting sample. The stems seem to be thinner than the staff lines.
> 
> And staff line seems to be identical to barline width?
> 
> As I understand it, there are at least 2 "schools" regarding barlines: 
> One with thicker barlines than staff lines, and one with same width. For

> parts (but not for scores) I often use thicker barlines than staff
lines.
> 
> 
> Best regards,
> 
> Jari Williamsson
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to