Yes it's about communication - we could all use our own languages and that
would communicate well to those who speak our language but what about those
who don't speak our language?

Maybe we could invent a new language that we could all learn so that we
could all understand all the instructions?

(or maybe we could use the expressions that originated in Italian but which
have, over the years, become the standard musical language)

For example, would someone explain to me exactly how I should play the
passage I once saw which had the marking, "Luscheroso"?  (And before you
think me a fool, yes, I do know what it means, but do you?)

--
Lawrenceyates.co.uk