I have a problem I've never had to deal with before.  I'm using WinFin 2005.

I know how to insert word extensions that cover two or more notes.  How do
you insert one within
the span of one note?  (The opposite of a melisma).

I'm working on a choral score for a Mass.  One bar contains a breve (double
whole note), on which the Celebrant has to sing :

| _______ and lead us to _____________ e | ternal  ("ternal" being in the
next bar).

My client has hand-drawn extension lines on her m/s score before "and" and
between "to" and "e" as shown, presumably to indicate to the Celebrant to
draw out these syllables.  I'm sure there's a workaround for this, there
always is!

Help much appreciated.  Thanks.