On 11/4/2011 3:28 PM, Dean M. Estabrook wrote:
> As I'm sure you have all encountered,  I'm redoing parts for a rather
> long Wind Ensemble transcription,  which, ergo,  has parts lasting up
> to 6 or 7 pages (presently printed on both sides back to back).  A
> group managed to read it reasonably well a few nights ago, but most
> of the page turns occur with no breaks at all between measures.  What
> is the best solution for this problem (if, in fact, there is one)?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Dean

When doing long pieces, page turns are one of the controlling ideas in
layout.  Trying to understand the phrasing and thematic breaks is
something I try to pay attention to for that - if I can put, for
instance, a repeated section on one page, it really helps.

Other than that, I try to play each part before doing a final print -
that really highlights where the difficulties will lie.

Luck!

Carl

--
http://members.cox.net/dershem/index.html