Hi Eric, It's not just one page. I thought of your solution, but I dislike those types of kludges, and setting up the new staves and hiding them everywhere they are not needed was actually not as cumbersome as I'd feared.
Regarding TGTools Staff List Manager, the displacements are very far and would require very big negative numbers, and the UI for placing them is incredibly cumbersome. The new staff solution I went with seemed to be the least bad option. Cheers, - DJA ----- WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org On 29 Aug 2012, at 4:02 PM, Eric Fiedler wrote: > Are we talking here about a number of movements grouped together in one large > file? Then I could understand possibly wanting new score-orders for each > movement — and it wouldn't be too difficult using a lot of disappearing blank > staves, as I think has already been suggested on this thread. But to turn the > page and suddenly be confronted with a new score-order would be very > confusing to most conductors I know. But then, I'm more at home with the old > stuff, say up to late Stravinsky ... > > Darcy: if you just wanted _one page_ with a new score-order in the middle of > a longer movement, why not just print the pages up to the page in question, > then use Score Manager to rearrange the score, print just the one page, > restore the old order and print the rest? (You might have to rearrange the > music a little to make it fit.) > > Eric > ************************************************ > Habsburger Verlag Frankfurt (Dr. Fiedler) > www.habsburgerverlag.de > [email protected] > ************************************************ > > > > On 29.08.2012, at 19:48, Robert Patterson wrote: > >> There are any number of reasons why you might want to change the score >> order on different systems. The main one I can think of is if in a >> particular section or movement there is a subgroup that plays a concertino >> part. > > > _______________________________________________ > Finale mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale _______________________________________________ Finale mailing list [email protected] http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
