Hi Robert,

That's pretty much the situation here, though it's an extreme case -- only four 
instruments in the orchestra are conducted, the rest play in free tempo. So the 
conductor (quite reasonably) would like the four instruments that he's actually 
conducting grouped together on those pages.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----
WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org



On 29 Aug 2012, at 1:48 PM, Robert Patterson wrote:

> There are any number of reasons why you might want to change the score
> order on different systems. The main one I can think of is if in a
> particular section or movement there is a subgroup that plays a concertino
> part.
> 
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Eric Fiedler
> <[email protected]>wrote:
> 
>> Hi Darcy,
>> Right. I knew that. (I won't even ask WHY the customer wants this. Don't
>> score-readers have enough problems? Seems pretty strange to me, but what do
>> I know ...) I thought Robert had been complaining about the overall
>> reordering of systems.
>> Eric
>> ************************************************
>> Habsburger Verlag Frankfurt (Dr. Fiedler)
>> www.habsburgerverlag.de
>> [email protected]
>> ************************************************
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> On 29.08.2012, at 18:47, Darcy James Argue wrote:
>> 
>>> Hi Eric,
>>> 
>>> Using the Score Manager reorders the staves on EVERY system. As I said,
>> I need to reorder the staves on one system only, leaving the rest of the
>> score unaffected.
>>> 
>>> Cheers,
>>> 
>>> - DJA
>>> -----
>>> WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> On 29 Aug 2012, at 11:57 AM, Eric Fiedler wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Strange ... I just spent 10 minutes using the Score Manager to reorder
>> the staves (vertically) in a score sent to me by a student (FinMac 2012 non
>> b). Or have I not understood the problem?
>>>> Eric
>>>> ************************************************
>>>> Habsburger Verlag Frankfurt (Dr. Fiedler)
>>>> www.habsburgerverlag.de
>>>> [email protected]
>>>> ************************************************
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> On 29.08.2012, at 14:38, Robert Patterson wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> The more I use the Score Manager, the more outraged I become. The
>> inability
>>>>> to drag staves to a different order is one I recently discovered.
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Finale mailing list
>>>> [email protected]
>>>> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>>> 
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Finale mailing list
>>> [email protected]
>>> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> Finale mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>> 
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to