On 10/12/2012 11:56 PM, Robert Patterson wrote:
[snip]
> clef. (One of my comp teachers suggested writing the horn parts on
> mezzo-soprano clef, since that has the same lines and spaces as F
> transposition, but my skills--I must admit--do not extend to mezzo-soprano
> clef, so it always confused me even though I play horn! It also seemed a
[snip]

I am so glad this discussion has gone on this long -- all this 
discussion of mezzo-soprano clef (c on the 2nd line) has given me an 
epiphany.  I've never fully understood the use of the clefs for 
transposition, but now I have learned that reading an F Horn part 
(already transposed) as if it had a mezzo-soprano clef will give me the 
concert pitch without me having to do mental gymnastics.

Wow -- thank you!


-- 
David H. Bailey
[email protected]
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to