Amen, brother.  My orchestra is paying almost twice  per rental what we
paid just 5-6 years ago.  That is WAY above the rate of inflation.  It
is affecting what we can program.

When you pay $800 to rent a big work, it does seem reasonable to expect
that the parts are error free.  Most of these big expensive pieces are
professionally engraved, so the readability is rarely a problem.  But
many of them still contain errors that the publishers have not fixed.
You would think that if a publisher is renting a piece for $10,000
revenue a year (or $400,000 for the big popular ones), it shouldn't be
too much to ask that they pay a professional copyist to bring it into
Finale and correct all the errors.

I have a slight bit more sympathy for the lesser frequently rented
pieces.  The two that I called out were both pieces that probably rent
less than 10 times a year.  One of the two is probably programmed less
than once a year worldwide.