> On Apr 26, 2016, at 15:32, Robert Cheng <piy...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> During the fink configure step I typed in [none] for the proxy setting.....I
> wasn't sure what proxy setting I can use?

I have absolutely no idea.  That is governed by -your- firewall settings.

If your firewall doesn’t use a proxy, then you might need to talk with whomever
administers it and ask to have the CVS port (2401) or even the rsync port
opened for you.

And if that isn’t an option, unfortunately we currently can only tell you to
use the binary distribution instead of the source distribution, which means
using “apt-get” to install packages.  “sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get
dist-upgrade” accomplishes more or less the same thing as “fink selfupdate”.