There is only one answer to which OS..

THE ONE YOU UNDERSTAND BEST!

I currently manage both NT and UNIX firewalls and don't
have to reboot either.  My preference is for UNIX because
I understand it better than NT.  Brian Steele's choice would
be NT because he understands it better than UNIX.

I have remotely managed both NT and UNIX using various tools
(these have been the biggest problem) and the only thing I
have not managed to do on NT is remote installation of the
OS.

The diehards in both the camps will always claim that their
solution is best and for them they are right.

A firewall (both OS and FW software) is only as good as the
way you configure it, go with what you know.

Andy
-
[To unsubscribe, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"unsubscribe firewalls" in the body of the message.]
  • ... Jason Murray
  • ... Arran Pearson
    • ... Matt Curtin
  • ... אריק זודמן - Arik Sudman