-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bill Lane
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 7:05 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Active X and Microsoft IE ...

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet so maybe it has a downside I can't
see.  We're planning on using a noscript element inside the flashcontent div
(using FlashObject) to add the Flash content.  That way if javascript is
disabled they will still get the Flash content.  Only downside is they will
have to select it to activate.  But that seems better to me than having
nothing for those with js turned off.

Bill Lane

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/10/06 6:24 am >>>
You also have to consider what users are turning off Javascript.

First, Javascript is turned on by default.  Second, you have to be somewhat
savvy to know what Javascript is, much less turn it off, and also know what
purpose turning it off serves.  Third, you need to have a reason to turn it
off.  These things combined means that people who turn off Javascript are
more than likely well aware of the consequences of this action, it's not
just Flash that's effected.  It's pretty much any plug-in and any DHTML
site.  Almost every site on the web uses Javascript now in some form or
another.  I wonder just how many people turn off Javascript and are they
really worth going after?  They obviously want a very limited and controlled
web experience.

It's like trying to advertise on cable television channels to people who
only have antenna reception.  You're just not going to reach that very small
audience, so get over it.

Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training http://www.figleaf.com

Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training http://www.figleaf.com