Hi,

I'm trying to pass a sting variable (var teamName:String) to a dynamic
text field nested inside a couple of layers of MCs. The path is correct
because the text field is being changed by the variable, but the string
itself is corrupted or something because the variable's contents seems
to be being altered.

Trying to send the string "Mr Jones" results in the text field showing
"M Joe". Trying to send the string "Executive" results in the text field
displaying "Eee".

As you can see, it is not even a simple truncation of the string (such
as perhaps might have been the case if the text field were not big
enough to hold the string); it is as if Flash is just choosing a few
letters and ignoring the rest.

Can anybody shed any light on this? I'm new to Actionscript and every
(probably simple) stumbling block like this throws me completely out of
the ring.

Many thanks.
--
Rick Lecoat