----- Original Message ----- From: "Gregory N" <greg.gousa...@gmail.com>
To: "Flash Coders List" <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] component def doesn't pass params to constructor?

After some consideration...

If I have, say dozen of Inspectable parameters AND a method that need
several of them to work properly, then I'll have to call this method
after a delay - to be sure that all necessary setters were called
before it..
Thus, turning back to enter_frame trick :-(
Or am I missing something trivial?

With the use of commitProperties() you'll be calling it from your init() method and nothing will happen, as all "xxxChanged" flags will be false.
If you set default values for you internal properties, your component should
work fine.
There should be no need for a delay, if there is, youl probably need to rethink
your components inner workflow.

regards,
Muzak